Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How can I transfer funds to my account using my mobile phone?
You simply go to your mpesa icon; Lipa na Mpesa; paybill no. 910200; account no. is your GT account number (ensure that it’s the new account number which is a ten digit number); input the amount and your mpesa pin and transfer.
2. If I want to pay for my credit card or load my pre-paid card using my mobile phone?
You simply go to your mpesa icon; Lipa na Mpesa; paybill no. 910202; account no. is your credit card or prepaid card number; input the amount and your mpesa pin and transfer.
3. How can I transfer funds from my account to Mpesa?
You can access this by using our mobile app services; input your user ID and password, the mobile number you wish to transfer funds and amount to transfer
4. What are the default limits on my debit, prepaid or credit card per day?
POS limit- 200,000
ATM withdrawal- 40,000
Online limit- 5,000
5. Are these limits permanent?
No , you can amend the limits temporarily by calling the contact center and permanently by visiting the branch and filling in the limit amendment forms
6. Which ATM machines can I use to withdraw funds from my account?
All ATM machines that have a mastercard logo, GT bank Atms , Pesa connect ATMs country wide
7. When my card is lost or stolen what steps should I take?
Immediately call GTBank on 0703084390/391 and report the loss and then visit any of our branches to request for a replacement.
8. What functions are available on our Internet banking platforms?
a. Funds transfer
b. Air time top up
c. Utility payments
d. Account balance enquiries
9. Where can I access the Internet banking portal and mobile banking services?
a) Log on to www.gtbank.co.ke and select internet banking
b) Go to google play store and download our GT Bank app
c) dial *878# on your mobile phone