1. What do I need to get started?
Ans: To access the GTBank Internet Banking Services, you must have your login details (User ID and Password).
2. How do I obtain my User ID and Password?
Ans: Your account was automatically profiled for this service at the time of account opening and should have been sent to you via email. If you have not received your login details, please visit www.gtbank.com and click on the ‘’REGISTER’’ button on the internet banking tab or dial *878# from your registered phone number with the bank. *Kindly note that the Password must be changed within 2 hours of receiving same.
3. Will I have 24/7 access to the GTBank Internet Banking Services?
Ans. Except during scheduled maintenance periods, our Internet Banking services can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in the world. It is simply the 360 banking experience.
4. What accounts can I access online?
Ans. You will have access to all your accounts domiciled in Guaranty Trust Bank. If you are unable to view all your accounts, kindly contact our fully interactive call center GTCONNECT or visit any of our branches.
5. What type of transactions can I conduct on the Internet Banking Platform?
Ans. Basic transactions: (These services are automatically profiled)
1. Balance enquiry
2. View transaction details
3. View and download & print account statements
4. Update personal details
5. Password change
Cash based transactions: (These functions are enabled on request only)
1. Transfer funds to your account and others domiciled in GTBank & other beneficiaries in other banks
2. Pay utility bills
3. Request for cash and draft in transit
4. Cheque book request, confirm and stop a cheque
5. Standing order to GTBank and other Banks
6. I have forgotten my Password what should I do?
Ans. If you have forgotten your Password you can call our contact center (GTConnect) on GTCONNECT 0703 084390
For Password reminder you will be required to select option 3 on the menu to request for your current Password to be to be sent to the registered email address in our records.
Alternatively, you can visit our website www.gtbank.com and follow these steps below:
1. Locate the Internet Banking tab and click on the ‘’login’’ button
2. Enter your user ID and select the "Forgot your Password" link.
3. You will be directed to the Password reminder page.
4. Enter the answer to your secret question and select the ‘continue button’.
5. For security reasons you are advised to safeguard your Password.
If you have been locked out following 3 unsuccessful logon attempts, you will be required to call contact center (GTConnect) on 0703 084390
*Following authentication, your Password will be re-set and a new one sent to your registered email address. You are advised to safeguard your login details to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
7. How can I change my Internet Banking Password?
Ans. To change your default Password to one that you can easily remember you will need to:
1. Sign in to your account and click the "Self-Service” link in the left navigation bar
2. Locate the "Change your Password" menu and click on it
3. Key in your default/current Password and input a new Password thereafter.
4. Re-input the new Password and then click the "submit” button.
5. A confirmation page will then indicate whether the change was successful. The new Password takes effect the next time you logon to the internet banking platform. Should you require further assistance, please call our Contact Centre (GTConnect) on 0703 084390
8. How often can I change my Password?
Ans. You can change it as often as you want. However, we recommend that you change it periodically to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
If you are using a publicly accessed computer such as an Internet café or public library, your Password must be changed immediately.