In Kenya, GTBank has a fully-fledged Treasury team dedicated to providing innovative solutions for your foreign exchange needs and investment in fixed income securities, supported by a large banking group. We provide our customers with the latest up to date market developments and trends to enable you make decisions on currency risk management and investments. We offer solutions that suit our customer’s requirements in a timely and cost efficient manner.
The Treasury Team issues continuous market up-dates daily and a weekly summary to enable its corporate, institutional, trade and retail customers to keep abreast of the latest market news and currency trends.
- GTBank offers both spot and forwards FX services.
- Competitive pricing.
- Convenience – with proper ID, this is an OTC service.
- Commission free FX.
- We handle all the major international and regional currencies
- Real time market updates available
- All forex transactions are subject to the current Kenyan Exchange Control regulation.
- Any foreign currency purchase from the Bank of more than USD 10,000 (or equivalent) shall be documented in accordance with the regulation in place.
- The Treasury Sales Desk is at the disposal of GTBank’s Corporate Clients to provide them information related to local/international forex and money markets.
- Foreign Exchange Spot.
- Foreign Exchange forwards and swaps.
- Commission free foreign exchange.
- Swift transfers – Flat fee for outgoing SWIFT transfers.
- Foreign Drafts.
- Foreign currency Term Deposits, Call Deposits, Savings accounts and Current accounts.
The Central Bank of Kenya, on behalf of the Government of Kenya issues Treasury bills of maturities of 91, 182 and 364 days and Treasury Bonds of maturities from 1 year to 30 years. We provide services to investors in these Government securities through a ‘2-in-1′ account. We provide timely information on market developments and announcements, and assist investors to:
- Submit applications for subscription to these securities at the auctions announced
- Hold the securities on behalf of the investors.
- Buy / sell the Government Securities in the secondary market
- Fixed Deposits at highly competitive interest rates.
- Call Deposits.
- High Yield Deposits.